Listening to: Rebekah Nemethy, My Rescue Rocks: Passion for Pets, A Podcast, and Photography – This is Pawprint, episode 15
Reading: Dogs, cats fleeing Hurricane Irma arrive in the Bay Area searching for new homes – Eric Ting, SFGate
Supporting: This isn’t strictly animal related but with the earthquakes in Mexico and the hurricanes hitting places like Puerto Rico, Florida, and many other places in the Carribean and Gulf of Mexico.
- Where to Donate to Mexico Earthquake Victims – Aodhan Beirne and Christina Caron, The New York Times
- How to Help the Victims of Hurricane Maria – Andrea González-Ramírez, Refinery 29
- Cats, dogs need to be adopted to make room for incoming animals rescued from hurricanes – WGME (if you live in Maine!)
- Humane Society rescues 1300 animals from Mexico earthquake – Andrew Dallman, Critter Files
- How to help Mexico’s earthquake victims – Jessica Roy, Los Angeles Times
- HSI helps more than 1,300 animals in Mexico after first earthquake, while Hurricane Maria scours Caribbean islands – Wayne Pacelle, The Humane Society of the United States
- HSUS, HSI rescue teams rush into Florida, British Virgin Islands – Wayne Pacelle
*Like I mentioned when I wrote about relief work after Hurricane Harvey, I can’t personally attest to the work that many of the organizations mentioned here have done or are doing. Before donating, I still recommend doing some research into the organization and make sure that your support will be the most effective for those impacted by the numerous natural disasters that have happened over the past few weeks. Charity Navigator is a great place to start.